I asked for ‘cocoa’ and they gave me coconut in Ecuador, so now I make sure to pronounce it ‘Cacao’. When you’re looking for something that is chocolaty delicious, and helps you fight depression, heart disease, fatigue, brittle bone disease or memory loss; make sure to include Cacao in your menu!
Some benefits of Raw Organic Cacao include:
- Antioxidants: 40 Times more than blueberries
- Iron: Highest plant-based source
- Magnesium: promotes heart and brain health
- Calcium: more than cow’s milk
- Mood Elevator: all-natural
- Blood Thinner: helps prevent clots
- Sulfur: Third most abundant mineral in the body responsible for healthy hair, strong nails, enzyme production, hormone health and more
- Cognitive Function: may reduce the likelihood of Alzheimer’s
- Healthy Fats
CACAO is a True Gift of Nature! No wonder it’s called ‘Food of the Gods’ – Theobroma (Theo, meaning God; and broma, meaning food)
5 Surprising Uses for Arrowroot in Beauty Products You Can Make at Home:
1. Skin-Lightening Face Powder. Arrowroot mixed with face powder, can lighten the skin tone by several shades. This is particularly useful for gradually adjusting the shade of the make-up as your tan naturally fades after returning from a sunny vacation. It is so lightweight that it blends seamlessly into the powder and leaves skin soft and silky to touch. It also reduces the need to reapply make-up as it absorbs sweat/oils.
2. Dry Shampoo. No time to wash your hair? No problem! Massage arrowroot into your scalp and along the first couple of inches of the length of your hair. It will absorb the oils and leave your hair bouncy and soft. Use a damp cloth to gently wipe away any remaining traces of the powder on your hair.
3. As a Base for Home-Made Make-Up. Arrowroot makes a great base for DIY make-up projects. Foundations using a blend of arrowroot, cinnamon, beet juice powder and cocoa powder are a major trend just now, particularly as you can adjust the measurements to get the shade exactly right for your skin tone
4. Clears Acne. Arrowroot absorbs oils and promotes natural healing as it penetrates the skin. Rubbing some into skin before bed and in the morning can reduce oil production, softens skin and dries out and heals blemishes.
5. Home-made Deodorant. Yes, arrowroot can even be used in deodorants in combination with coconut oil and essential oils. It reduces odours, moisturizes the skin and helps to eliminate toxins. Magical!
Homemade Deodorant Recipe:
- 1/3 c. Aluminum-Free baking soda
- 1/2 c. Arrowroot powder
- 5 tbs coconut oil
- 15 drops grapefruit essential oil
Mix baking soda and arrowroot together. Next add the oils and mix well. Pour into clean jar. Apply a thin layer after shower.
Arrowroot flour / powder / starch; is a thickener with several advantages over cornstarch. It has a more neutral flavor, so it’s a good thickener for delicately flavored sauces. It works at a lower temperature, and tolerates acidic ingredients. It can also tolerate prolonged cooking better than cornstarch.
Chia fills you up, nourishes you and cleans you out. It should be a part of any healthy regimen.
Did you know that 3 ounces of Salva Chia contains:
- As much Omega 3 as 28 ounces of Atlantic salmon
- More calcium than 3 cups of whole milk
- Higher and more bioavailable protein content than soy
- More fiber than 1 1/4cups of All-Bran cereal
- The iron equivalent of 3 cups of raw spinach
- The Potassium content of 1 1/2 bananas
- As much Vitamin C as seven oranges
- Antioxidant capacity three times the strength of blueberries
Take 20 grams of chia seeds twice daily. Dr. Oz says Chia lowers your blood pressure and the risk of heart disease. No need to grind it before eating; sprinkle onto your salads or cereal. Make certain when you eat dry chia seeds that you drink lots of water. To lower blood sugar spikes, take 30 grams of chia seeds with bread an hour after eating.
Or prepare it first by soaking in pure water. To avoid clumping, add seeds to water while stirring. Use 10 parts water to one part seed. In under 10 minutes, you will notice the chia seeds have changed into a gel, absorbing most of the water. Let it sit 30 minutes before using. Store chia gel in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Use chia gel as a fat replacer or an egg replacer in your recipes. Add chia gel to your salad dressings, butter, sauces or jams and peanut butter to cut the fat and sugar in half without changing the flavor and texture noticeably. Chia adds to the texture and flavor of foods rather than dilute and soak up the flavor.
To help with weight loss, make chia seed gel and add it to juice or water for a full feeling without hunger for several hours.
Also consider adding chia seed gel to milkshakes, puddings, dips and hot cereal, mixing it with yogurt, and even scrambling the gel with eggs. Use dry chia seeds in your bread, muffin and pancake mixes.
Remember that it absorbs water, so allow for it.
If you suffer from pain or know someone who does, then you should read on.
I am always suspicious of supplements due to the fact they are not regulated. I always wonder if I`m truly getting what is proclaimed by the manufacturer.
I discovered your products through a friend of mine. He swears by your Matcha tea and claims to be in such great shape due to it`s benefits. Following in his footsteps, I purchased the Matcha tea and I too noticed a huge improvement in my being.
It is important to note that I have not worked out regularly for over 10 years due to serious back and neck injuries suffered in a car accident . I have never smoked, I rarely consume alcohol however, I do smoke the odd joint. Even though I am not overweight and watch what I eat, I am not in the best shape as I was before my accident.
After about three days of taking Matcha daily in the morning, I noticed that for the first time in eight years I had NO MORE daily joint and bone pain. I am finally getting back on track and excited to begin an exercise routine and start running again. Now that`s progress!!
I`ve tried all sorts of other prescription remedies that did absolutely nothing to ease my pain and keep it away, which is why I thought I had to live with the pain every day (my alternative was back surgery). Since I started to take Matcha for overall wellness, it was a totally unexpected surprise to realize that Matcha was responsible for taking my joint and bone pain away.
For those non-believers…there were no other changes to my daily regimen. The pain returned about a week after I ran out of the tea and then went away again after I started taking it regularly again.
Things just keep getting better…
I then ordered the Iso-Pro Whey, the Spirulina, and the Omega Complete. I`ve been taking these supplements daily for the past three weeks (as per the suggested smoothie recipe). I have NOT begun to exercise (hey, after ten years of living with pain – one gets a little apprehensive to jump into a dramatic lifestyle change overnight) but yet I have noticed a huge improvement in the way my body feels and looks already – I am leaner, my skin has improved dramatically, and I have more energy throughout the day. People look at me and ask me what I am doing because I look much healthier lately. I even seem to have a more restful sleep.
I have not done anything else to change my lifestyle except to add these. I can no longer see my life without them.
And all these benefits without exercise in just two months. WOW! I look forward to further enhanced benefits when I start training again.
I cannot thank you enough for these wonderful health products. Because of them, I have returned to living rather than missing my life.
I want people to know that I believed in myself enough to make the investment and to take the first steps to try these products. It turns out I did something truly incredible!
Sincerely, James P. Etobicoke, ON”
I got this email from our customer James in Ontario. It was not solicited nor will he be compensated in any way for his comments.
Matcha is a green tea powder that is extremely rich in nutrients connected with immune support, weight loss, increased energy, heart health and the balancing of our PH levels. Most of us are slightly more acidic than is healthy. Inflammation and auto-immune diseases like cancer, thrive in an acidic body and go away when you reduce body acidity. The Omega Complete oil mentioned above is a rich source of essential fats which also has an anti-inflammatory effect, thereby reducing pain.